2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Specs and Price
The vehicle has a lot of torque, a smooth roll-on power, lightweight and seats only 27 inches from the pavement to make 2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 super fast and maneuverable, comfortable and perfect to start.
There are a number of reasons to check out the V-Star 250 model, but the most interesting is an authentic engine with a V-twin model, which means that you get a full-sized rumbling and styling that’s easy to ride, can say the bikes are lightweight.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Features
• Light weight and a seat just 27 inches from the pavement make the V Star 250 a great trainer as well as a great choice for riders who appreciate the fun that comes in small packages.
• Dual exhausts, plenty of quality chrome and typical Star attention to detail; this is one sharp little cruiser.
• Front disc brake provides highly controllable stopping power.
• The V Star 250 is the only V-twin in its class.
• Estimated 78 mpg* means almost 200 miles between fill-ups.
249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly
• 249cc, air-cooled, 60°, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, V-twin engine is the real McCoy!
• Long-stroke (49 x 66mm) powerplant is designed for strong low- and mid-range pulling power.
• Narrow, 60° V-twin provides that ‘classic’ cruiser engine styling.
• Convenient electric starting
• Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor with accelerator pump provides crisp throttle response.
• Transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) ensures fast starts and maximum engine performance. This system is maintenance-free.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners keep maintenance to a minimum and reduce mechanical engine noise.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission provides versatile performance. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds.
• Clutch lever pull is very light and novice friendly.
• Washable, foam air filter reduces tune-up costs.
• Dual “shorty” mufflers highlight that classic “American” motorcycle look.
• Rugged, high-tensile steel, double-cradle frame creates a stylish profile and low seat height.
• Box-section swingarm with 5-way spring preload adjustable dual rear shocks provide a comfortable ride and reinforce that cruiser image. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9″).
• 33mm front fork provides 140mm (5.5″) of smooth, comfortable wheel travel.
• 282mm drilled front disc brake uses a twin-piston caliper for excellent stopping power.
• Easy to adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator provides good stopping power.
• Premium two-piece rider and passenger seats reinforce that cruiser appearance. Rear passenger section can be removed leaving only rider accommodation, if desired.
• Wide 130/90-15 rear tire accentuates the low, lean appearance and classic cruiser styling.
• Spoked, chrome wheels fitted with a narrow front and wide 130 series rear tire emphasize the traditional “custom” look.
• The V-Star’s full size emphasizes that this is one sharp-looking, value-packed 250!
• Full-size, 1,488mm (58.6″) wheelbase ensures maximum stability and a comfortable, roomy ride.
• Low seat height of only 685mm (27″) and a wet weight of 147kg (323.4 lbs) combine to make the XV250 very easy to ride, even for the most inexperienced riders.
• Handlebar design features a flat bar with beautifully chromed risers. This handlebar not only improves the riding position and rider comfort but also makes a serious styling statement too.
• Instrumentation includes a centrally located speedo with tripmeter and a full range of indicator lights.
• Chromed, 60/55-watt, Xenon headlight
• Lots of chrome detailing
• Locking gas cap
• Forward-mounted footpegs mean a relaxed, laid-back riding position.
• Handlebar-mounted choke lever for easy access
• Flexible turn signals
• Steering lock
• Helmet lock
• Push-to-cancel turn signals
• Convenient oil level sight glass
• A custom style handlebar gives the V Star 250 a modern look and comfortable riding position.
• Extensive chrome details accent engine and side covers for incomparable “big bike” fit and finish.
• Stylishly sculpted teardrop fuel tank features 2.5-gallon capacity for excellent cruising range.
• Forward-set footpegs enhance rider comfort by creating added legroom.
• Wide rear fender and front and rear wire-spoked wheels add the perfect classic, retro touch to this stylish package.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Specs
|2014 Yamaha V-Star 250 Specifications|
|Type||15-cubic-inch (249cc) air-cooled, SOHC 60-degree V-twin, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||49 x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 26mm|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||33mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Dual shocks; adjustable preload, 3.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 282mm|
|Brakes / Rear||130mm drum|
|Tires / Front||3.00-18|
|Tires / Rear||130/90-15|
|Seat Height||27.0 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.5 gal / California model 2.4 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||326 lb|
|US MSRP Price:||$4,340 (Candy Red) Available from July 2013; $4,340 (Pearl White) Available from July 2013|
|Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|